Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Friday, April 21, 2017

I would Like you to Meet David and Autumn...

I would like you to meet David and Autumn.  They are the hardest working married couple I’ve ever met.  They live in Philadelphia.  They work from morning to night and seem to never take a break.  They eat on the run almost always.  They are out there earning money and spending it only on what’s most important to them as a couple.  They coordinate their efforts and use the special talents and gifts that each one possesses to create a synchronized married, husband and wife duo.  They are a marvel to watch.

Filling in the Blanks:

I’d like you to meet David and Autumn.  They are the hardest working homeless, heroin addicted couple I’ve ever met.  They live on the streets of Philadelphia between the Arby’s on Aramingo Avenue and TheTracks of Kensington.  They work from morning to night carrying a small sign at intersections that says “Hungry” and they never seem to take a break even if someone gives them a pizza or an Arby’s dinner.  They eat on the run between red lights when people with cars are put in that awkward situation of having to be parked while they walk past.  They are out there earning money and spending it only on what’s most important to them as a couple – their next hit of heroin.  They coordinate their efforts and use the special talents and gifts that each one possesses.  Her gift is her slender stand up straight, long brown hair appearance.  (Please ignore the obvious layer of dirt on her skin and multilayered clothes.  And PLEASE ignore the massive mats in her long brown hair.  And if you actually talk to Autumn, please ignore the appreciative {because someone actually dared to talk to her} and physically weak tone of her voice.)  David’s talent and gift is to stand in traffic in the less traveled part of the intersection.  He’s much more reserved in speaking with people. He’s responsible for moving their cardboard and one blanket bedding from its previous location to its new location behind the large bushes right next to the speaker of the drive through at the Arby’s on Aramingo.  Yes…  They are a marvel to watch.

I would like you to meet David and Autumn:






No comments:

Post a Comment