Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Friday, December 1, 2017

The Addicted, Homeless, Hero

Last night I saw the woman who helped save another woman who was overdosing on Tuesday night. I congratulated her for doing such a good job and saving the other woman's life. She thanked me and shrugged her shoulders and said: "I've had two more since then."
That's my definition of a hero, someone who casually does the extremely good thing and shrugs it off as the routine stuff of life.
A couple of minutes after this conversation, I saw this same woman injecting heroin into her own arm and beginning to slump. I went over to her and spoke to her and with her approval held her hands and we talked and prayed. When I was done praying I thought that we were done praying. Although still in her slump, she looked at me and she said: "We're not done praying. I have to pray." The power of the Holy Spirit came over her and pulled her out of her drug-induced slump as she prayed a glorious prayer for her own healing and the healing of everyone in the Emerald City. She concluded this prayer with the words "in Jesus Name" and she blessed herself as a good Roman Catholic would do. She thanked me for the opportunity to pray. And with that, she slumped back into her drug-induced stupor. I stayed with her long enough to make sure that she was not seriously overdosing.

No comments:

Post a Comment