Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Saturday, June 3, 2017

Kicked to the Curb

Kicked to the Curb

Two weeks ago I was ‘terminated’ to use the supervisor’s terminology, from my fifth lost paid position in a church.  In the first situation, my supervisor was brought before his supervisor sixteen years later and confronted with issues involving his relating to me.  In a review of my second lost position, the reviewer stated that he had spoken with many people and come to the conclusion that I “had been wrongly treated.”  Before I moved away from that second area, a litany of congregational apology had been written and built into the last church service I attended there and, with the bishop’s approval, I was licensed for one Sunday to serve Communion.  My third, fourth and fifth lost positions were as close to home as anyone in my situation could possibly be. 

In summary, three different “supervisors” decided to kick me to the curb and that’s exactly where I am in ministry.  Allow me to explain:

Rather than repeat myself with the accounts of each very real experience, I’m providing the blog title with its link and showing the curb where it happened. (You might want to use the 'open link in new tab' feature.)









And that’s only what I’ve blogged about since January 1 and today in 2017! 

If church supervisors had supervisors to whom they were accountable in the moment and not long after the fact, I might never have found the curb.  Perhaps this is an example of what Paul was talking about in Ephesians 1:11

God has now revealed to us his mysterious will regarding Christ—which is to fulfill his own good plan. 10 And this is the plan: At the right time he will bring everything together under the authority of Christ—everything in heaven and on earth. 11 Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God,[c] for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan.

God is able to take those events which should not have happened and turn the undesirable effects into something that should have happened.  Praise be to God.




No comments:

Post a Comment