Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Tuesday, February 6, 2018

When Tragedy Strikes Men and Women Who Are Already Dealing with Thier Own Addiction and Homelessness (Please Share.)

Sometimes, in the life of a person who is addicted and homeless, there is a tragedy that comes along that has nothing to do with their current life situation.  Over this past year, I've tried to do what I can to provide a listening ear as a woman mourns the death of her adult child, a man dealt with terminal cancer and a woman who is currently dealing with her boy friend's potentially fatal disorder.  In all cases, the medical situations have little or nothing to do with addiction or homelessness. 

It's an honor to come alongside these men and women as they realize the gravity of the medical situation they or their loved one is facing.  In some cases, these good people share with me the depth of their Christian Faith and how they know our LORD is with them.  In other cases, they request prayer for their partner who is facing a serious medical situation and who they know does not know the LORD.  Not long ago, I prayed with one young woman who feared for her boy friend's medical situation and how it could claim him before he accepts Christ as his Savior.  In the midst of the rubbish and occasional rats and pigeons under that bridge, with the noise of the cars and dirt bikes racing up and down the street, with the shouts and loud interactions of the other 40 to 60 people surrounding us, she and I prayed to our common Savior for his safety and Salvation and her strength to deal with it all.

I cannot imagine any place that I would rather be than with these men and women in this relational ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment