Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Sunday, March 25, 2018

Palm Sunday in Emerald City...

Proverbs 22:6 
Direct your children onto the right path,
    and when they are older, they will not leave it.


If ever I saw a living example of this verse, it was today: Palm Sunday 2018.  Three ladies who reside in Emerald City with their addiction and their dating to raise funds for that addiction returned 'home' with palm branches in hand after having been in worship at a local church! 

I don't know the personal stories of these ladies.
  • One may have been a star athlete in high school until that sports injury in 11th grade until she was given a Percocet prescription.
  • One may have been raised by her Christian grandparents after having been abused as a younger child where she subliminally learned to numb her emotional pain as she watched her alcoholic father do the same basic thing before he died in front of her when he fell down the steps in a drunken stupor.
  • One may have been well on her way through Med school until an unspeakable tragedy claimed the normalcy of her life.
Regardless of how addiction entered their lives, I'm willing to bet that somewhere in their childhood, there was, for each of them individually, some substantial degree of Christian influence that planted its seed in their souls.  Their current lives, on the surface, includes addiction, homelessness and 'dating' while their soul contains the seeds of knowledge of the living loving God.

It's an outrageous and unexplainable privilege to be in a position such as I am these days to offer some 'water' for those seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment