Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Friday, September 20, 2019

Comparative Studies in Addiction


Reliant on Medicaid to fund her healing, Melanie sits in a jail cell for 3, 4, or 5 months with all of the constraints of an imprisoned person while awaiting handcuffed transfer to a medical facility that is charged with the privilege of serving her in her healing from Substance Use Disorder.

Reliant on Private Insurance to fund his healing, Ralph sits in a plush luxury vehicle for his transfer to a medical facility that is charged with the privilege of serving him in his healing from Substance Use Disorder.


*****
An Imperfect Analogy:

If the use of insulin was considered wrong would medical patients who have been diagnosed with diabetes be living in tents under bridges or out in the open on city sidewalks?

Would they be unemployed, 'panhandle' and 'date' to raise funds to go to their street corner insulin dealer to buy their insulin to avoid 'insulin sickness?'

Would they be derogatorily described as "Diabetics?"


If the use of heroin was considered acceptable would medical patients who have been diagnosed with Substance Use Disorder be immediately treated upon request in emergency rooms, clinics or hospitals?

Would they survive and be employed to raise funds for their family instead of going to their street corner heroin dealer to buy their heroin to avoid 'dope sickness?'

Would they be derogatorily described as "Addicts?"

Patients who have been diagnosed with Diabetes and patients who have been diagnosed with Substance Use Disorder are all medical patients who have been diagnosed with a medical condition that results in its respective sickness if a 'medicine' is not provided to avoid that sickness.

One diagnosis is socially accepted.  The other is not.





No comments:

Post a Comment