Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Saturday, August 4, 2018

Tonight, this blog is my refrigerator door!


I gladly and proudly place these four forever to be treasured works of love and art on this blog as if this was my refrigerator door for all the world to see and read and marvel upon…

These four sides of two cards drawn last Sunday by a resident of Emerald City serve as a powerful statement of Faith: a spiritual life preserver holding strong by a thread within a sea of relapsed addiction, homelessness and dating. 

Imagine if you can and I'm not sure I could if I had not witnessed these events in front of me over three days of visit in a period of five days…

Day One: She shared with me her firm and growing Faith in our Savior in the midst of her medically induced opioid relapse…  She expressed a sincere desire to attend church with me the following Sunday. 

Day Two: She was waiting for me when I arrived to look for her on Sunday and she gladly attended Urban Hope with me.  
Day Three: She asked to sit in my car's passenger seat so we could talk privately.  She gives me these cards while using the passenger side makeup mirror to apply her makeup for her afternoon of dates that she despises.  She sees no choice but to 'date' as her only means of financial provision to support an addiction that was handed back to her by an incompetent medical provider.

In the absence of any other source of funding for her medicine which she has nearly no choice but to consume, I have no way to tell her to stop dating or change her plans for the night.  

I remind her of her Faith and she simply says "That's all I have left."


2 Corinthians 12:9 New International Version (NIV)
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.



               



No comments:

Post a Comment