Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Friday, June 19, 2020

Don't Fall Short of Your Chance to Choose Detox and Life.

A former resident of the streets of Kensington told me the following as they were in the midst of their street experience.  I didn't really understand what they meant until recently.

Here is a simplified version of what I learned that day…

Life as a person in the grips of addiction is as follows:

Make money. Get high.
Make money. Get high.
Make money. Get high.

Make money. Get high.
Make money. Get high.

Die.


OR

Make money. Get high.
Make money. Get high.
Make money. Get high.

Make money. Get high.
Make money. Get high.
Make money. Get high.

Choose Detox and Life.


Nobody chooses to Die.

There's one choice that you have the chance to choose.

Choose Detox and life…

Did you notice that in the example above, there are five lines before "Die." and six lines before "Choose Detox and Life."?  Don't (literally) fall short of your chance to choose detox and life.


"Die?  That won't happen to me." - you've told me...  

"Die? Chris, you worry too much." - you've said...

Did your friends who have died wake up that morning saying "Today is the day I'm going to die?"  No. Of course not.  

Now is your chance to choose detox and life.

The former street resident who taught me this eventually chose Detox and Life.  They (avoiding he/she pronoun to add anonymity) are recently engaged and reunited with their children.

Choose Detox and Life...


No comments:

Post a Comment