Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Friday, December 11, 2020

Song Sheets and Pop-Top Lids…

In the past couple of weeks, I've had two suburban blessings of material items and supplies come my way in support of my efforts in Kensington. The first was/is from an individual who has taken it upon herself to do some fundraising and item gathering.  Out of this has already come one printer cartridge and 1,500 sheets of 8.5x11 paper for the song sheets that I distribute.

The second is a local church here in Delaware County that has opened their food cupboard to me for items that I can take with me. I'm focusing on non-perishable canned goods with pop-top lids. 

Oh, dear…  This was supposed to be a short post and yet I'm slipping into blog mode… 

Song Sheets and Pop-Top Lids… 

30 minutes from your Delaware County home address, a grown man and businessman by college degree drowns out the agony of losing his wife and children to an unspeakable tragedy by consuming an emotional pain killer that he buys multiple times each day on a street corner.  I gave him a song sheet, printed with your donated ink and paper that dared to tell him that he's an inspirational human being made in the image of God and worthy of dignity, honor, respect, and love… 

30 minutes from your Delaware County home address, a grown woman and former neurosurgeon intern hops out of a car having completed her most recent of  'dates' and pops the lid on that cold can of Campbell's Chunky soup and consumes it as the first food she's eaten in two days. 

Now I'll admit that these two examples are compilations of real life experiences that I've had and yet, please know this…  Your donated ink and paper… Your donated pop-top soups…  Both feed the souls and bodies of people who are inspirational human beings made in the image of God and worthy of dignity, honor, respect, and love.  

Neither of these and None of the hundreds on the streets of Kensington who these two represent WANT to be where they are.  Song Sheets and soups with pop-top lids are vitally important in feeding souls and bodies.  Just as important are the desperately needed policy and procedural changes that MUST be determined and initiated by the powers that be within societal leadership.  

The people currently trapped on the streets of Kensington by an incompetent Medicaid system of health care provision are 'us' not 'them' or 'they.'  We can eliminate a lot of our unnecessary agony by plowing down Medicaid Mountain.  In so doing, that businessman can get back to business and that intern can find her way back to surgery. 

Song Sheets, Pop-Top Lids and Medicaid Policy and Procedural Changes…

No comments:

Post a Comment