Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Friday, November 5, 2021

Dear "Your Helpful Neighbor" Prayer and Financial Supporters,

I wish I could summarize for you the joys and blessings that I experience each and every time I visit[1] the people of Kensington.  But I can't.

How does one who has experienced such a moment summarize a mountain hike, a deep-sea dive, the birth of their child?  You can't.

It must be experienced to be understood and even then, understanding takes time - a lifetime to fully comprehend the God Blessed majesty of what's happening in your presence.

This is my summary of Kensington = God Blessed Majesty in the midst of a mountain of unnecessary suffering.

The best I can do to help you know these blessings that exist 30 minutes from where I'm sitting at my home desk in Glen Mills, Pa. is to continue writing my blogs, invite you to join me, and ask for your continued prayers and financial support.

I greatly appreciate the individual people who and the one church that regularly financially supports this ministry.  I could not continue this without you.

To keep this going at its current level of three visits each week, I do need to have a larger pool of contributors.  To that end, if you're a regular or occasional contributor, could you share with your circle of friends what I'm doing and encourage them to provide some funding?  If you've not yet become a regular contributor, could you consider becoming so?

My bank balance of available funds is $35.41.  That will cover one more trip.  While I know other donations will be coming in shortly, they will not meet the financial requirements to continue on a three visits per week basis.

You might be asking why I visit three times each week…  In a word: "Consistency"

The people living on the streets and the people living in their local homes have come to know that I do care in the midst of my own fallibilities.  Consistency of visits creates conversation as to why I do what I do.  They ask why I care and I tell them that they are loved - yes, by me - but far more importantly - by God.

My fingers want to keep typing out stories of blessings that I've experienced over these five years but that's not practical to do so at this time.  I simply ask that you prayerfully pray and faithfully find ways to financially foster keeping this going.

Sincerely In Him,

Chris

https://behealedfromemotionaltrauma.blogspot.com/p/ministry-funding-options.html



[1] "Visit" is not even the correct word at this point as these people and this area have become such a part of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment