Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Saturday, January 28, 2023

Dead is dead!

A person who engages in a suicide attempt and fails is '302d', involuntary committed to receive psychological services.

A person who signs themselves out of a hospital and who has been told that they will not survive if they do so is not '302d' because they are considered to be of sound mind.

In the case of a substance use disorder, an officially recognized disease in the DSM-5, the mind of such a patient does not think clearly. Therefore, they are incapable of making totally rational decisions and yet they do not receive a 302. Too many end up dead.

Dead is dead regardless of how they got there!

When are changes going to be made?

No comments:

Post a Comment