Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Wednesday, December 14, 2016

I did something I should not have done...

I did something tonight that I should not have done.

It all started at about 5:00pm (That's after dark around here.).  I hopped in my car and drove during rush hour up I-95 to Kensington over a bridge that you see in the first few seconds of this video.  I got out of my car (after dark remember) and sat down next to a man who, until a few years ago, was a drug supplier's supplier in this part of Philadelphia known to some as "the badlands."  And that's when my really stupid action happened....

Are you ready?

OK...  Here's what I did....

The host of the evening offered to me and I accepted...

I accepted a cup of coffee.  Yup...  I DID!  I admit it...  I accepted and consumed a cup of coffee at night!!!  What was I thinking as I sat there in Kensington after dark in an apartment at East Tioga and A Street sitting with a major (former) drug supplier drinking a cup of REAL coffee AT NIGHT!

How stupid!!  I've put my whole night of sleep at risk!!!  Now that I'm home after walking alone from that apartment in Kensington at night one block to my regular parking place, what am I going to do until dawn when my body will finally decide it's time to sleep?!??!?!?

I think I'll sit back, watch the following videos highlighted in blue and celebrate God's deliverance of Rocky from his former life as drug supplier to his life of true Man of God.  While I'm at it, I'll equally celebrate Rick and David and Omar and Katina.

I won't ask you to put your sleep at risk with a cup of coffee in Kensington at night as you sit next to a former drug supplier's supplier in a Bible study but I do take this opportunity to invite you to join me next Sunday for a cup of coffee in the morning at Urban Hope, a ministry that sees over a thousand children come through its doors in a year and is changing the lives of men, women and children and drug users, dealers, and suppliers and suburbanites like me.

Humbly Confessed by,
Chris Battin

I hereby promise not to drink coffee again at night when I go to Kensington after dark next Tuesday night and sit next to Rocky, my redeemed and delivered brother in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment