Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Thursday, June 1, 2017

Ian, Autumn and Mickey: three human beings made in the image of God

Please say a prayer for a full grown man named Ian. I saw him crying like a baby with his hands folded in prayer and his head held low on a street corner in Kensington. When I pulled over to ask him what was wrong he said that his mother had come to see him where he's living on the streets and scolded him for ruining his life with his addiction. His mother's words cut him to the core and he was broken.

I told him that I was going to a recovery meeting and that I would like him to come with me. He thanked me and turned me down.

Each and every Thursday for the past month or so I have been going to Kensington and a faith-based recovery meeting for the sole purpose of finding homeless addicts to take with me to the meetings.

In case you're wondering, I do not suffer from any addictions myself.  I just feel this as a very strong calling these days.

In addition to Ian, I found Autumn who I have mentioned previously. I invited her to the meeting as well. She explained to me that she was not really interested because she's been living on the streets across the entire country for the past eight or so years. She is married and her husband is with her although I did not see him this evening.

As I was leaving Kensington this evening, I stopped at the Wawa Store on Aramingo Avenue and found Mickey who I have also described before in my blogs. I asked her if she had eaten properly in a while and she said yes but was thirsty.  I said let's go into the Wawa Store.  She hesitated because they keep throwing her out every time she walks in on her own.  I reminded her that as a child I actually knew the founders of the Wawa Store and if they gave us a hard time I would do some name-dropping.  She giggled and we walked in. She chose a Sprite.  I chose a chocolate milk. We stood in the rather long line conversing like two human beings having a conversation while we waited our turn to pay for the items.

Please pray for all of them, human beings made in the image of God just like you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment