Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Sunday, June 4, 2017

Wawa, Dad and a Personal Purse

As I dictate this blog into my phone, I am sitting in a Wawa store parking lot on Aramingo Avenue.  There are at least four homeless men hanging around the store looking for money. Presumably, all of them are addicts. This location seems to be a hub of homeless addict activity.

I have to admit that I find it rather ironic that I am sitting in a Wawa store parking lot doing my best to fulfill this new calling in Ministry. What most people don't know is that as a child I actually knew Graham and Emily Wood. Graham Wood was the creator of the Wawa store. His family were active members of the church that my father served faithfully and honorably for his entire ministry as an Episcopal priest. 

A couple of days ago I was sharing these Ministry adventures with a woman friend of mine from Delaware County Pennsylvania. She proceeded to pack up a woman's purse with all kinds of woman items to give specifically to Mickey if I can find her. And so here I sit in the Wawa parking lot reminiscing about Graham and Emily Wood and my father's Ministry hoping that in some small way I can carry on his legacy as I do what I can to follow God's call on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment