Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Friday, April 13, 2018

Be their friend.


Here's mine as stated by someone to me earlier this year:

"You've been a great listener and you brought me closer to God."

Lonely people and hurting people may or may not be the same person. Either and both need someone to listen to their heart. When is the last time you listened to someone's thoughts and feelings buried deep inside their heart? 

Don't judge them as you listen. Just listen. As a Christian, offer the love of Christ in a way that draws them to our Lord Jesus.  In so doing, you will fulfill the love of Christ. 

Be their friend.

If they are accepting of the following, be their honorary brother or sister if they don't have one. Be their honorary father or mother if that person is missing or dishonorable in their life. Fulfill your role in their life as a representative of Christ and with no ulterior motive of your own.

Your reward will be to know that this person has been heard and is moving closer to Christ.

True ministry, ministry in its purest form is just that. Connecting people to Christ through our words and deeds. For me, it's listening to broken hearts and finding a way to guide that heart to Christ. For you, it may be very different. And that's great. However, you minister to others, demonstrate to your recipient that they are a child of God worthy of dignity, honor, respect, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment