Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Thursday, August 16, 2018

A Song for and A Visit with Emily

The good people who I visit are asking me for song sheets that I started distributing a few weeks ago. 

Maybe three weeks ago, I distributed forty copies of one song's lyrics to those who I sensed would welcome it.  One of those copies was welcomed by Emily, a poet who has lived in these bridge communities longer than I have visited.  Emily has experienced tremendous losses in recent years.  These sadnesses and other ingredients that make up her life's path thus far led her to addiction, residing under a bridge and other activities that fill the days of women on the streets. 

When Emily read the following lyrics, she looked up the song on YouTube.[1]  Later this afternoon, I will be sitting with Emily in a prison visiting room as she is awaiting her court date next week. 

Here is the song sheet and link to the song that touched Emily's heart:








This is largely a self funded ministry.  I'm running dangerously low on funds to keep going and pay my own bills.  Please consider helping me with the expenses related to this relational ministry.  To learn more about giving, please click here.  



[1] This was the first time of which I am aware that with her own initiative she reached out to take a look at something related to our great Christian Faith.  

No comments:

Post a Comment