Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Sunday, August 19, 2018

You Are A Role Model!


I couldn't find her at first and I was starting to wonder if I would.  A guy friend of hers told me that she was in her tent.  I had called into her a few times with no response.  I now knew why.  She was very dope sick and refusing to date for income to buy her needed medicine.  

With her friend's help, I found her dope sick and on her mattress inside her tent.  I told her that I had her requested case of bananas.  She was very thankful.  I pulled my car up close to her tent.  Even with her growing dope sickness, she gathered her strength and insisted on carrying the 40-pound case of bananas into her canvas home.  We said goodbye with a hug and I went on my way to my home.

Four blocks away, with rain starting to fall, I saw again an inspirational woman standing on the dashed line on Lehigh Avenue selling nearly frozen bottled waters.  With the light being red, I was able to tell her about how she's been observed by the women of Emerald City and how they are starting to think that maybe they too can sell a product rather than sell themselves. 

She smiled a smile the ingredients of which I cannot yet explain as I looked at her and said:

"You are inspiring the ladies of Emerald City to know that they do not have to date to support their needs.  I too have been inspired by your determination to support your family with dignity and honor and respect and love. 

You are a role model!"

No comments:

Post a Comment