Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Thursday, September 24, 2020

Why is one of my loved ones from the streets of Kensington having to go back to a crisis center for the third consecutive day so as to MAYBE be admitted to a detox unit that accepts Medicaid patients?

 Answer:

The Hippocratic Oath as sworn by the Nursing and Medical personnel who work in these crisis centers is NOT Being honored.

Discussion:

A patient of any other medical condition (out of control diabetes as one among many examples) would NEVER be required to go to their local emergency room three consecutive days so as to be treated and bring their Diabetes back in control.  Why are patients of Substance Use Disorder treated in such a substandard way?

During these intervals of leaving and then returning to the crisis center, if they can bring themselves to return, patients of Substance Use Disorder will continue to take their medicine and some will die. 

Is this the intent of the nursing and medical personnel in these crisis centers?

1 comment:

  1. Certainly not. Medical personnel and nurses in these facilities have very little say in these matters and are merely following protocol as they have jobs to do and families to feed.

    They are “the little guys” here.

    ReplyDelete