Please Know...

As I come to know these fine people, they share with me more of their personal and sensitive stories. Their collective story is what I am trying to share with you as my way of breaking the stereotypical beliefs that exist. "Blog names" have occasionally been given to me by the person whose story I am telling. Names are never their actual names and wherever I can do so, I might use the opposite pronoun (his/her, etc.) just to help increase their privacy.

Throughout this blog you are now seeing advertising. I need to provide this so as to keep going financially with this ministry. If you see something that is inappropriate to this site, please let me know - maybe get a screen shot of it for me. I do get credit for any "click" that you might make on any of the ads. If you're bored some night and want to help me raise some needed cash, visit my site and click away to your heart's content....


Wednesday, March 7, 2018

My Homeless Neighbors

As I sit here in the suburbs of Philadelphia, watching the snow fall in our second Nor-Easter in less than one week, I am thinking about my neighbors and praying for their safety. 

Now, I'm not talking here about my neighbors with whom I share property lines or a street name although I do care about them.  I'm talking about my (former) neighbors who lived in Glen Mills, Garnet Valley, Aston, Concordville, Chester Heights, Chadds Ford, Elam, Boothwyn, Westtown, West Chester, Paoli, Devon, Media and many other local communities who now live in Emerald City, it's neighboring bridge communities and abandoned houses in Kensington.  

These are our suburban community's sons and daughters with Moms and Dads and sisters and brothers who still live here near you and me.  For reasons that vary, these former neighbors have unwittingly found their way to addiction and homelessness and all that comes with it.  

It is their stories, anonymously told in these blogs, that I try to share in a spirit of dignity, honor, respect, and love that they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment